We occasionally have open positions for PhD students, postdoctoral Research Fellows and Research Assistants/Associates in our group. Please feel free to email me with your CV and a statement of research interests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective PhD students can get more information at http://www.ase.ntu.edu.sg/programmes/phd/prospective-students
We do offer full scholarships and stipends to successful PhD applications.
The kind of person we hire has the following personality traits -
- Positive, enthusiastic, collaborative, adventurous, communicative, creative, hard-working, willing to travel within Southeast Asia, and excited about working in part of a close-knit team.
- Believes in the importance of the mission of EOS - to conduct fundamental research on earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and climate change in and around Southeast Asia, towards safer and more sustainable societies.
And the following skills and experience -
- A degree in geodesy, geophysics, and/or Earth science.
- Programming skills, ideally including a compiled language such as C or FORTRAN.
- No fear of maths.
- Interests and proven experience in interpreting and modeling geodetic data to understand earthquakes, tectonic processes, volcanoes, and/or sea-level change.
- Experience in processing geodetic data such as GPS, GRACE, and InSAR data.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of a local SE Asian language for one of our areas of research is not mandatory but a plus.
- Excellent reference letters from recognized leaders in our field.
- For postdoc applicants, excellent publications in international, peer-reviewed journals.
Please note that I do not accept interns from abroad into our group, because we give priority for these positions to undergraduate students enrolled in the Asian School of the Environment at NTU. Sorry, I will not reply to emails from abroad requesting intern positions.